Just because you’re running a start up doesn’t mean you should skimp out on a ‘professional image’. In fact, it’s an important component that will add further credibility to your business and your team. You want people to take you seriously. Cropping a candid Facebook photo from your profile, just because you ‘like it’ – isn’t going to work.
Benefits of having professional headshots include (but aren’t limited to):
- Companies will take you more seriously
- Brings personality to your website
- Consistency/uniformity (staff should be shot by the same photographer)
- Package your startup to be in a position to attract new business and encourage your existing clients to talk about you (in a positive way)
- Increase your credibility by paying attention to the small details
Attracting new business is always the focus of any business. Having professional headshots will add a certain ‘wow’ factor and encourage people to want to do business with you. Unfortunately, as cliché as it may sound, people will judge a book by its cover. An unrefined look will deter people from contacting your company.
Leave It to the Professional
Don’t fall into the entrepreneurial mindset and attempt the DIY photo shoot (do it yourself). Invest some money and let the professional worry about lighting, backdrops, retouching, styling, etc. – you’ve worked hard, treat yourself and your team.